Saturday, April 29, 2017

A Story from @lauraklynn!

To help celebrate Chimp and See's 2nd anniversary, we asked our volunteers to share their personal stories, memories, and anniversary wishes for the blog. Today's volunteer story is from @lauraklynn:



On Chimp and See, you know me as LauraKLynn.  My real name is Laura.

I'd like to say... I had dabbled in Zooniverse before, but I was very excited when Chimp & See appeared. For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by great apes. I appreciate their intelligence and similarity to humans, while recognizing and respecting their uniqueness as separate species. In high school, I told my guidance counselor I wanted to be a primate cognitive ethologist and study great apes. While that career never quite came to fruition, I still idolize the trimates (Goodall, Fossey and Galdikas) and daydream about being a field researcher. Chimp & See lets me live out a little bit of that fantasy and contribute to scientific research.


Thanks, Laura, and all our volunteers for making C&S such a special project! See you tomorrow for another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment